Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Despair to new Hope the complete cycle traversed

It is just amazing how resilient we human beings are, today morning I was feeling utterly worthless when it become obvious that I would not be getting a call from MDI but it is amazing how in a matter of just 8 hours things change. From that frightening thought of worthlessness to that of new hope all in a matter of 8 hours.

firstly my PM gave me hope that some of us could move on to client projects (guidewire and genre seem to be the most apparent ones but usaa could be the dark horse)at Jan end, while its not doom and gloom for others as they will be joining some eclipse group both of which sound interesting on paper atleast

then after scratching my brain for some time I was able to complete my task for the HAT project in 4 hours its amazing what a bit of challenge can do to your motivation levels

thirdly I have come to realize that being a engineer one cannot give give any excuse for low qa score already I have charted out plans for the next cat (hopefully I make it in jmet or xat but just in case......) probability and geometry will be the focus area, with atleast few hours preparation in the week ends I am sanguine about my prospects for next year especially with 1.5 years workex by then

next even though i feel that a MBA in a top 10 B school is part of my destiny I have realised that it is not the life or death question over which i waste my time brooding over what could have been, when tsunami affected people can move on in life and still look to the future with hope why cant I? and this changed my feelings decisively

but the thing that really made feel great about the day was that pranesh called me today after a long time. I dont even remember his last call must be months ago. Any way I felt as though suddenly there was ligth gushing into that long and dark tunnel that I was in and that brigthness brougth cheer to my heart..... Suddenly I could remember as though It was yesterday the time we spent preparing for cat sitting in the first row and in the middle of a lecture , reading story books(I still dont know if Uday ever got his Harry Potter Book V back which was confiscated by our HOD from pranesh), damaging college property by making paint balls(Iwould love to know if he still had those), copying assignments from Mohan but at the same time cursing him for having completed them in the first place, playing silly games like bingo,x-y,hang man etc . These things may sound silly and trivial but these small things are the ones which bring a genuine smile to your face. and uplift your sprit just hope that we stay in touch more often for I beleive we share a lot in common

so even as I write this post I feel a new lease of anticipation and buoyancy about life. Hopefully this mood can be sustained for some time to come

But the day did have its share of disappointments today I felt that another person whom I respected and felt was my friend (2nd to be precise) was trying to avoid me, though I feel I can guess the reason for it I clearly don't understand it, any way as with the first case I have taken mental notes and will oblige them and sever all personal rapport and links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home