Thursday, July 07, 2005

AIM.COM Yet another free email site

AIM (I guess it's the acronym for AOL Instant Messenger) the latest to offer free e-mail service. I registered for the service yesterday at http://www.aim.com/. First things first the look and feel is cool and it offers 2 GB of inbox size that beats all other e-mail service save Google's Gmail.
 
Why did I register?
1. Its new, the curiosity factor
2. My Hotmail account was too small at 2 MB and practically unusable. When I attempted to contact Hotmail and make them see reason I got this reply
I understand your need to have a larger storage space.

As indicated in the recent communication you received, your account (rajagopal83m@hotmail.com) is scheduled for upgrade within the next few months. Although we would like to be able to upgrade you now, we are unfortunately unable to do so. With over 200 million customers worldwide, this upgrade is taking some time. We do apologize that we have not been able to upgrade you at this point in time as we continue to work on the storage rollout.

MSN remains committed to ensuring all customers worldwide are increasingly satisfied with Hotmail, as it is the world's most popular free Web-based e-mail service. Upgrading storage is just one feature we are working on to improve the service. Additional features have included providing all free customers worldwide with free anti-virus scanning and cleaning protection, and adding free access to MSN Calendar.

You are valuable at MSN and we look forward to providing you with consistent and effective service. If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to write back.


Sincerely,


Rachel V.
MSN Hotmail Technical Support
 
Ok that?s it Hotmail at this age of competition that wont do, I?m looking elsewhere.
 
3.Yahoo mail : The look and feel sucks and I get lot's of spam
4. Rediff mail : Its used for some subscription and its hard to keep track of mails in there
5. Gmail: Its good but 1 mail id is not sufficient and it does not work with Firefox. I occasionally use fire fox.
So that?s it I needed another account. I could have got one more from any of the existing service provider but Reason no 1 made me go with AIM.
 
Impressions
 
1. Look and feel is cool
2. It claims to prevent spam lets see.
3. Its got English spelt wrong in this page http://www.aim.com/international.adp?aolp= and that to under UK (I know it's a bit rich coming from me but every dog has its day :) )
4. The sweepstakes contest is valid for only US citizens. Then why did you send that mail to me (:angry). You guys took my country name when I registered.
 
Conclution:
Go sign up for an account today.
I am making this post via email again. My last post from Hotmail sucked lets see how AIM performs

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection.

Get your own free AIM(R) Mail account and become eligible to win daily prizes, ending July 30, 2005. One lucky grand prize winner will even drive away with a 2005 MINI(R) Cooper S. Learn more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home